Handling ATV Accidents
- If you are involved in an accident, the first thing to do is ensure that you are okay and not in danger of another crash from an ATV behind yours.
- You must provide help to anyone else who was involved in the accident.
- Any crash that results in a fatality or an injury requiring treatment by a physician must be reported as soon as possible to a conservation warden or other law enforcement officer.
- You must file a written report of the incident within 10 days to the DNR.
- Contact your nearest DNR Service Center or sheriff's office for the accident form.