Starting Up a Hill
Climbing hills can be dangerous if you don't follow the proper procedures as described in your owner's manual. You could lose control of your ATV, or it could overturn.
In general, you should:
- Use good judgment. If the hill looks too steep, it probably is.
- Start the climb by shifting into a lower gear. Speed up to maintain momentum.
- Move up on the seat and lean forward, or stand and position your torso over the front wheels.
- Keep your weight uphill and your feet on the footrests.
- If you can't see what's over the crest of a hill, slow down until you can.