ATVs may be operated on:
- State-owned property that is clearly marked and previously designated as an ATV route.
- State park or state forest land as follows.
- Class I ATVs may be operated on a road, trail, or area that is designated and marked by the DCNR as open for ATV use or when the operator has specific written permission to operate on the road, trail, or area.
- Class II ATVs may be operated on a road, trail, or area when the operator has specific written permission to operate there.
- Highways and streets by persons who are 16 years of age or older:
- During an emergency that is declared by an agency having jurisdiction or…
- When necessary to cross a bridge or culvert or…
- During special events with a permit from the governmental agency having jurisdiction.
Locations of ATV Trails
For information on ATV trails on state forest land and the Allegheny National Forest, visit the DCNR website.