About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Oregon ATV Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your ATV Safety Education Card.

Learn More Register for the Course

If you are involved in a non-injury accident, you should:

  • Stop and render aid and…
  • Give the other party your name, address, and the owner’s name of the off-road vehicle you’re riding.

Oregon law does not require written reports for off-road accidents. However, the driver of an off-road vehicle involved in an off-road accident (or parent if the operator is under 18 years of age) must stay at the scene of the accident and immediately notify a law enforcement agency if the accident resulted in:

  • Injury or…
  • Death.

If an accident or injury happens on a public road, it may need to be reported to a local law enforcement agency or the Oregon DMV.