Physical Size Standards for ORMs
Off-road motorcycle operators must be at least 7 years of age. They should follow these suggested guidelines for a good rider fit.
- Leg Length
- While seated, the thighs should be roughly parallel to the ground, and the knees should be bent at a 45-degree angle.
- Foot Length
- When stopped, a rider should be able to reach the ground with one foot while keeping the ORM upright.
- Arm Length
- When seated on the machine, a rider’s arms should be long enough to:
- Turn the handlebars and maintain a firm grip.
- Operate the throttle comfortably when the handle is extended fully in a turn.
- Operate the brake and clutch levers. The first joint of the middle finger should extend beyond the brake and clutch levers when the rider grips the handlebar.