Crash Helmets Save Lives
Riders wearing a DOT–approved crash helmet are likelier to survive a motorcycle crash.
- Head injuries are a major cause of death in motorcycle accidents.
- Studies overwhelmingly demonstrate reduced injury of all types for riders wearing helmets.
- There are no compelling medical arguments against wearing a helmet.
- Helmets do not reduce visibility or hearing.
- Because a helmet’s function is to absorb the impact of a crash, it destructs significantly during a crash. Always replace your helmet if you’re in an accident.