Selecting OHM Protective Gear and Clothing
Protective clothing and gear—including a DOT–approved crash helmet—play an important role in preventing injury and death in motorcycle accidents and at other times. Make sure you’re properly outfitted.
- No access to safety equipment in an accident. In an accident, you will likely be separated from the motorcycle. In that case, safety gear on the bike can’t protect you.
- Eye protection. Wearing goggles or a full-face helmet safeguards you in two ways:
- Keeps debris from your eyes, preventing vision difficulty while riding that could result in accidents
- Protects your eyes from injury
- Brightly-colored, rugged protective clothing. The proper clothing provides additional protection.
- A colorful riding suit makes you more visible to other riders and motorists, thus helping avoid accidents.
- Rugged clothing helps protect you from environmental extremes.
- In an accident, clothing made specifically for riding can help protect your skin from contact injuries.