Respect Traditional Culture
Ethics cover behavior that has to do with issues of fairness, respect, and responsibility not covered by laws. The best way for OHV riders to protect their riding privileges is to show respect for landowners, livestock, and the environment.
- Never cross private land without permission.
- Follow landowner restrictions regarding when and where you may ride.
- Leave all gates as you found them, open or closed.
- Treat livestock, water tanks, and crops as your own.
- Prevent erosion and protect sensitive habitats such as streams and wetlands.
Do your part to preserve New Mexico's rich heritage of respect for ranchers, farmers, and the environment.