Snowmobile Age and Education Requirements
Operators must meet the following requirements to operate a snowmobile in New Hampshire.
- A person under 12 years of age:
- May not operate a snowmobile across any public road and…
- When not operating on the vehicle owner’s private property, must be accompanied by a person over 25 years of age who has either a valid driver’s license or an approved safety education certificate.
- A person 12 or 13 years of age who is not operating on the snowmobile owner’s private property must:
- Have an approved safety education certificate and…
- Be accompanied by a person 25 years of age or older who has either a valid driver’s license or an approved safety education certificate.
- A person 14 years of age or older who is operating on private and/or public property must:
- Have a valid motor vehicle driver’s license or…
- Have an approved safety education certificate.
- All operators and passengers under 18 years of age must wear a helmet.
- All operators must wear eye protection unless the snowmobile has a windshield or screen that covers the eyes.
- All persons who are required to have an approved safety education certificate or driver’s license must carry the certificate or license on the snowmobile and make it available for inspection by a law enforcement officer whenever the snowmobile is being operated.