Preventing OHM Accidents
- Make yourself visible to other drivers.
- Wear bright clothing.
- Use your lights at all times.
- Use hand signals when turning or stopping.
- Flash your brake lights when you slow to a stop.
- Ride in the area of the road where others are most likely to see you.
- Stay out of blind spots.
- Let the driver ahead see you.
- Help drivers at intersections see you.
- Use whip flags on sand dunes.
- Practice skills in a safe area before exploring more difficult areas.
- Always observe regulations.
- Never drink and ride.
When riding your OHM at night:
- Always use your lights.
- Slow down to give yourself more time to react.
- Increase the distance between yourself and the vehicle in front of you.