About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed New Hampshire OHRV/Snowmobile Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your New Hampshire OHRV/Snowmobile Safety Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

Registration is valid from the date of issue through June 30. Temporary and 14-month registrations are also available; see the NH OHRV & Snowmobile Digest of Regulations at http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/ohrv/index.html.

OHRVs and snowmobiles do not have to be titled.

You must register a motorcycle as an OHRV before you may operate it legally for off-highway recreational purposes.

If you lose your registration certificate, you must apply to the Fish and Game Department for a duplicate and submit a processing fee.

If you sell or transfer ownership of your OHRV or snowmobile, the registration number expires immediately. The new owner must register the vehicle before operating it anywhere other than on the owner’s property.

Owners of antique ATVs, trail bikes, or snowmobiles may register these vehicles by purchasing a permanent license plate.

  • The permanent plate does not expire.
  • The plate must be permanently affixed to the vehicle.
  • Registration for antique vehicles is only available at the Fish and Game Department headquarters.


antique ATV, trail bike, or snowmobile
An ATV, trail bike, or snowmobile owned by a New Hampshire resident that was manufactured prior to 1969 or is at least 25 years old; also, a motor vehicle that was manufactured prior to 1940 and has been converted to travel over snow