Nighttime Safety Precautions
At nighttime, you also should:
- Make sure your lights are clean, work properly, and are free of snow.
- Travel only in familiar terrain.
- Stay on established trails. Don’t blaze a new trail in the dark.
- Always carry a flare or flashlight for emergency signaling.
- Never travel alone.
- Pull off the trail if you stop so that you won't be a hazard to others.
- Wear reflective apparel to make yourself more visible to other riders.
- Be careful when riding in freezing rain because your face shield may freeze over.