Don't Drink and Ride
- Alcohol depresses the central nervous system, affects judgment, and slows reaction time.
- Alcohol makes it difficult to pay attention, especially to multiple tasks.
- Most people become slightly intoxicated after only one drink.
- Over-the-counter drugs, as well as prescription drugs like tranquilizers and barbiturates, have effects similar to alcohol.
- Marijuana reduces your ability to see at night and slows your reflexes.
- Cocaine and amphetamines may increase your concentration temporarily but cause fatigue as the drug wears off. They also give you an exaggerated feeling of well-being, which affects judgment and leads to reckless behavior.
- Don't drink and ride. Studies have found that riders had consumed alcohol in:
- Thirty percent of all off-road riding fatalities.
- Fourteen percent of all reported off-road accidents.