Ice is as hard as pavement and requires extreme caution. Spins are common and fast stops are impossible.
- Equipping your tires with chains can improve traction and stopping.
- Use slow speeds. To stop, let up on the throttle and allow the machine to coast to a stop.
- Don't go onto lakes or rivers unless you know the ice conditions. The ice should be thick enough to support your loaded ATV safely.
- Stay away from areas where streams are flowing in or out of the ice, which weakens the area.
- As a rule, it's best to stay off frozen rivers and lakes.