Understanding Maintenance Requirements for Off-Road Driving
The dusty, muddy, and rough conditions you encounter when operating UTVs/4x4s on off-road routes place additional stress on the vehicles. To keep them in good operating condition, UTVs/4x4s that are driven off-road require additional maintenance.
- Review your owner’s manual to determine specific requirements for your vehicle.
- Learn how to perform maintenance on your UTV/4x4 before taking it off-road.
- Take courses in vehicle maintenance.
- Look for information in repair manuals and on the Internet.
- Ask others who operate off-road for information and advice.