Generally, ORVs are not legally allowed on designated snowmobile trails. If you plan to ride on snow:
- Check with local law enforcement to find out if ORVs are allowed on snowmobile trails.
- Check the antifreeze level if you have a water-cooled ORV. Check your owner’s manual for other cold-weather requirements.
- Change the engine/transmission oil to a lighter weight for better circulation in extreme winter temperatures.
- Check local weather reports, and monitor weather changes.
- Dress warmly to offset the lower wind-chill temperature.
- Ride only on firm snow or groomed trails. Riding on soft snow can damage the terrain.
- Watch for snow drifts. They may cause an accident or cause you to get stuck.