To prevent accidents:
- Take an ORV safety course.
- Supervise young riders.
- Wear an approved crash helmet with a face shield or goggles.
- Check the weather before riding.
- Don’t cross frozen water.
- Never travel alone.
- Leave a travel plan.
- Never use drugs or alcohol while riding.
- Learn and observe state laws and local ordinances. For example, if you see a stop sign on a trail in Michigan, you must:
- Come to a complete stop and …
- Look and listen for oncoming traffic before proceeding.