About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Michigan ORV Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Off Road Vehicle Safety Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

In all national forests, motor vehicles can be used only on roads, trails, or areas that are designated as open. This includes all motorized wheeled vehicles from ATVs to street-legal vehicles.

Motor Vehicle Use Maps are published for each forest to show the designated system of roads, trails, or areas available for motor vehicle use by vehicle class and, if appropriate, by time of year. Motor Vehicle Use Maps are updated annually to show changes. The public is encouraged to provide suggestions on yearly changes. Motor Vehicle Use Maps are free to the public and available at Forest Service offices or from Forest Service websites.

For more information, you can call or visit the following websites.