How to Cross Roads
Most ORVs are not designed for use on paved surfaces, where they can be difficult to handle. Riding on or crossing a road illegally or improperly is a leading cause of ORV rider fatalities. If you must cross a road:
- Stop at a right angle to the road.
- Pick a location where you can see as far as possible in both directions.
- Come to a complete stop on the shoulder of the road.
- Look both ways, and yield to any traffic on the road.
- Cross slowly to avoid losing control.
- Drive straight across the road.
- Remember that most automobile drivers are not looking for ORVs, so you need to watch for them.