Registering in Massachusetts
All OHVs operated on public or private property must be registered through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Registrations are valid for two years for residents and one year for non-residents.
Out-of-state OHV registrations are not valid in Massachusetts.
You may register in person at a registration office or online. You will need to provide:
- Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (if vehicle was purchased new)
- Bill of sale
- Proof of payment of sales tax
- Vehicle identification number
- Required fee
- Properly completed and signed application form
After receiving the appropriate documents and registration fee, the state will issue registration decals and a registration card containing the vehicle number.
For questions regarding OHV registration:
- Contact your local Massachusetts Environmental Police office.
- Call 617-626-1610.
- Visit the Registration Bureau website at: www.mass.gov/dfwele/dle/elereg.htm