About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Massachusetts Offroad Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Massachusetts OHV Safety Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

All OHVs operated on public or private property must be registered through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Registrations are valid for two years for residents and one year for non-residents.

Out-of-state OHV registrations are not valid in Massachusetts.

You may register in person at a registration office or online. You will need to provide:

  • Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (if vehicle was purchased new)
  • Bill of sale
  • Proof of payment of sales tax
  • Vehicle identification number
  • Required fee
  • Properly completed and signed application form

After receiving the appropriate documents and registration fee, the state will issue registration decals and a registration card containing the vehicle number.

Left registration decal
Registration decal for left side of vehicle
Right registration decal
Registration decal for right side of vehicle

For questions regarding OHV registration: