Massachusetts Recreation Vehicle Laws
On July 31, 2010, the Massachusetts legislature approved revisions to the Massachusetts Recreation Vehicle Laws. Included in the new provisions are:
- Establishment of an OHV program fund to support improved riding opportunities and law enforcement efforts
- Age restrictions for vehicle operators
- Education requirements for OHV operators under 18 years of age
- Increased penalties for illegal use of an OHV or snowmobile
For more information, go to: www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXIV/Chapter90B/
Establishing the Off-Road Vehicle Program Fund
Legislation approved on July 31, 2010, established funding for various OHV and snowmobile programs.
- Revenues from OHV and snowmobile registration and operating fines will be paid into the fund to support safer operation and improved opportunities for enjoying off-road vehicles.
- Administered by the Executive Office of Energy and Environment Affairs, the fund will provide:
- Increased law enforcement
- Improved safety education for operators
- Additional designated riding trails and improvements to existing trails