Other Facts About Registration
- The owner of a registered vehicle must notify the DNR within 15 days if:
- The vehicle is destroyed or abandoned or …
- The vehicle is sold, or an interest in the vehicle is transferred wholly or in part to another person or …
- The owner’s address changes.
- If a Certificate of Registration is lost, mutilated, or illegible, the owner of the vehicle may purchase a duplicate from the DNR for a fee.
- A person may not operate a vehicle with an altered, defaced, or obliterated vehicle number.