Starting Your ATV
First, consult your owner’s manual. Typically, you will:
- Point the ATV in a safe direction.
- Put the transmission in neutral or park.
- Set the parking brake.
- Turn on the fuel valve.
- Make sure that the engine stop switch is in the “run” or “on” position.
- Put the choke in the “on” position if the engine is cold.
- Start the engine.
After the engine is warmed up:
- Apply the hand brake.
- Release the parking brake.
- Shift into gear.
- Release the hand brake and apply the throttle slowly.