Leading Causes of Injury and Fatal Accidents
The following are leading causes of injury and fatal accidents:
- Driving an ATV on a paved surface. ATVs are designed for off-road use only and handle poorly on pavement.
- Riding double on an ATV that isn’t designed to carry a passenger. Most ATVs are designed for only one rider.
- Riding alone.
- Letting inexperienced operators ride without an experienced riding partner or group.
- Riding without adequate supervision.
- Attempting dangerous stunts and maneuvers.
- Operating in unfamiliar areas or terrain.
- Failing to observe state laws and local ordinances.
- Operating beyond your abilities and your machine’s capabilities.