100% Utah State–Approved ATV Certificate Online Course
A course on safe and responsible ATV operation approved by the Utah State Parks
Pay Only When You Pass
unlimited exam attempts
Utah State–Approved Course
The Offroad Ed Utah Course is approved by the Utah State Parks, the state agency responsible for ATV safety and regulation.
What’s Included in an Approved Course
As an approved course for Utah, a wide variety of information is required, including:
- Basics for ATVs and OHMs
- Information on the safe operation of ATVs and OHMs
- Responsibilities of ATV riders to others and the environment
- General information on preparing for the unexpected
The information in this course can help you enjoy ATV riding more safely and with less impact on the environment.
Terminology Used in This Course
For easier reading, we may use acronyms to refer to vehicles, defined as follows.
- Off-Highway Vehicle. A two-, three-, or four-wheeled vehicle that has a motor and is designed for riding on unpaved surfaces. OHVs are also commonly known as ORVs.
- All-Terrain Vehicle. A type of OHV with low-pressure, knobby tires designed for riding on unpaved surfaces.
- Off-Highway Motorcycle. A category of motorcycles equipped for certain off-road sports. These motorcycles may or may not be "street-legal."
- Utility-Terrain Vehicle. A type of OHV where the driver and a passenger can sit side-by-side in the vehicle. They are most commonly known as UTVs (Utility Terrain Vehicle or just Utility Vehicle) or Side-by-Side Vehicles. UTVs are not designed for use on paved surfaces.
For additional information on ATV education in Utah, contact:
Utah State Parks
1594 W North Temple, Suite 116
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
The Utah OHV Safety Certificate
The Utah OHV Safety Certificate is proof that you have successfully passed an official, Utah state-approved ATV safety class.
The Temporary OHV Safety Certificate
After you pass the course, you will immediately print out a Temporary OHV Safety Certificate, which will serve as your temporary permit until you receive your permanent Utah OHV Safety Certificate in the mail in 2-3 weeks. The Temporary OHV Safety Certificate is valid for 60 days.
If you have already received the Utah OHV Safety Certificate and need a replacement certificate, you can order one from Utah State Parks at http://stateparks.utah.gov/stateparks/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2015/02/ohv-education-dup-form2013.pdf.
Offroad Ed strives to ensure this Utah online off-road safety course helps you become a safer and more responsible rider. Educated ATV riders play an important role in making Utah a leader in the conservation and preservation of wild lands.